Northern Lights Chapter Volunteer Information
What is a BetterInvesting chapter?
• The local arm of the BetterInvesting organization.
• Assist and encourage the formation of new investment clubs
• Recruit BetterInvesting members.
• Provide programs to publicize the investment club movement and benefits of long-term investing.
• Arrange for educational seminars, study courses and meetings for the benefit of investment clubs, individual investors and the general public.
Benefits of a Chapter Director
• Additional knowledge in investing.
• Taking an active part in program and the interchange of ideas.
• Your close association with persons of similar interests will contribute greatly to your personal and financial growth.
• Those who are part of the planning and presentation of programs always seem to benefit more than the people who only attend.
• Discounted BINC registration
Benefits of a Chapter Volunteer
• For a $35 annual membership renewal fee the benefits for a chapter volunteer include:
–Free Online tools
–OfficeMax discount card
–Free Chapter Classes
Associate Directors Role:
• Represent chapter
• Attend all meetings
• Appointed for one year
• Adhere to expense guidelines
• Safeguard BetterInvesting property
• Properly use BetterInvesting assets
• Adhere to Standard of Conduct
• Held quarterly
• Go To Meeting
• Let’s Talk Stocks!
Standard of Conduct:
• Web-based Chapter Roster
• Electronically sign
Current Board of Directors & Their Terms
Volunteer Position Term Expires
Gene Lang President 2015
Rich Yeager Vice President 2012
John Larrva Treasurer 2015
Karla Barrett Secretary 2015
Dave Hendrickson Web Author 2015
Lynn Dyer 2015
Pam Eilertson 2015
Gayle Olson Director 2014
Dianne Rauenhorst 2014
Jeff Hay Model Club
George Blank Associate Dir
Bob Burns Associate Dir
Barry Detloff Associate Dir
Jane Ekholm Volunteer N/A
Linda McClellan Volunteer N/A
Martha Simms Volunteer N/A
Dorothy Norman Volunteer N/A
Northern Lights Chapter Committees:
• Finance Committee
• Publicity Committee
• Program Committee
• Audit Committee
Other Volunteer Opportunities:
• Teaching and Training
• Organize Classes
• Events Organizer
• Chapter Rep to Visit Clubs
• Registrar for Classes
• Web Content Director
• Decide which committee/role to be part of
• Schedule a Training Program
Volunteer and Associate Director Application and Overview
This article in PDF format