The Southeastern Michigan Chapter is taking our "classes on the road". If you have a group of 10 or more people, you might be interested in this new service. Any of our "standard" classes may be taught at your location. Longer classes may be broken up into multiple sessions. If you are interested in a class that is not one of our regularly scheduled classes, please contact us, and we may be able to work with you to create a "custom" class.
We will attempt to fill all requests, as long as we have sufficient resources and instructors available to teach the classes.
Here is a summary of how this program works:
If you have any other questions, please contact our chapter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Initiate a request by sending an email to email@example.com. Please use "Classes on the Road" as the subject of your email. You may also send mail to Southeastern Michigan Chapter BetterInvesting, Attn: Classes on the Road, P.O. Box 251832, West Bloomfield, MI 48325-1832.
- The initial request must be made at least 1 month in advance (2 months for custom classes).
- In your request please include preferred date(s), the class you would like taught, location, and approximately how many people you anticipate taking the class.
- Your group or club will make all the arrangements for a facility. The meeting room must be able to accommodate a projection system, with either a screen or blank wall suitable to project onto available.
- A fee will be charged per person, equivalent to the fee charged for a scheduled class held at our location. For example, "How to Read and Use Data Sources" would be priced at $20 per person. Please click on Road Classes in the Files box to the right to see a complete list of our classes that are available to you.
- Custom classes will be charged a higher fee, depending on the time required to create the class.
- There is a 10 person minimum for all classes.
- Your group or club will handle the registration of students. The final roster of students must be submitted at least 2 weeks before the class.
- Payment must be received at least 2 weeks before the class, or the class will be canceled.
- Refunds will be issued if the class is canceled at least 7 days prior to the scheduled date.
- No refunds will be issued if you cancel the class within 7 days of the scheduled date.
- If you have additional space in your meeting room, walk-in students will be permitted for an additional per person fee. Additional handouts may be made at your location.
Learning Events Near You: