- Our mission is to teach individuals how to become successful strategic long-term investors, employing fundamental analysis tools developed by the NAIC, to study common stocks and mutual funds.
- Our chapter serve Wayne, Oakland, Macomb, Livingston, Monroe and Washtenaw counties.
- Board members consist entirely of volunteers.
- We have three levels of board members; Directors, Associate Directors, and Volunteers. All board members start at the volunteer level and advance based on their desire, abilities and performance. Associate Directors are selected from the volunteers and serve a one-year term with annual renewal. Directors are selected from the Associate Directors and serve a three-year term.
What do we expect of our board members?
- Regular attendance at chapter board meetings (September through June).
- Serve on at least one chapter committee.
- Make meaningful ongoing contributions to the chapter (such as teaching a class, creating a class, schedule facilities for our classes, etc.).
- Sign and follow the standard of conduct agreement.
- Current NAIC membership.
- Some experience with NAIC investment tools.
What are the benefits of being a board member?*
- Increased investment knowledge.
- Learn new skills.
- Mileage reimbursement.
- Attendance at chapter-sponsored events at reduced rates or free.
- Possible partial reimbursement to attend national NAIC events.
- Free On-line Premium Services.
- Ability to purchase NAIC software and other NAIC merchandise at discount prices.
*Details will be given at the new volunteer training session.
Volunteer Tri-fold 2005
Learning Events Near You: