Digital Marketing Manager - Full-TimeRevised: April 2022
Time Type: Full-time
Status: Salaried Exempt
Location: Troy, MI (or remote)
Job SummaryThe Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of all digital marketing initiatives for both BetterInvesting and ICLUBcentral (via marketing service agreement). This hands-on role contributes to the organization’s integrated marketing efforts from ideation and initial concept, through execution. The ideal candidate will have a prospect-focused approach and will enjoy working in a small team environment. This position collaborates with marketing colleagues, product managers, and other stakeholder groups including key stakeholders in the volunteer community. Reports to CEO. Should understand, or be ready to learn, the mission, investment principles and philosophy of NAIC / BetterInvesting and how NAIC / BetterInvesting relates to its members and its volunteers. Understand, or be ready to learn, the value of NAIC volunteers and how to work well with them. Thoughts/ approach to investing must align with the core principles of the NAIC dba BetterInvesting.
About The National Association of Investors / BetterInvestingAs a nonprofit organization, our mission is to educate individual investors and investment clubs to become successful lifelong investors. Our employees have been with us on average for over 14 years due to our mission-driven approach, excellent work/life balance, remote flexibility, superb benefits and more. You can read more about our organization, founded in 1951, at www.betterinvesting.org.
- Collaboratively create and implement integrated marketing strategies, programs, and communications to expand the reach of organization brands to new audiences. Increase the number of individuals choosing to join the organization to learn more about stock investing. Grow product sales.
- Project management - ensure projects are completed flawlessly, within specified timelines and budget
- Learn and understand products as a user in order to be able to market each product effectively
- Content management of organization websites (including marketing landing pages). Recommend optimizations to generate incremental Key Buying Activities. Utilizing approved site audit tool, responsible for crawling the entirety of the member site to discover broken links and then fix. Keep site map up to date.
- Develop and execute appropriate inbound link-building strategies to build traffic to websites
- Maintain and/or improve SEO rankings. Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords.
- Monitor and analyze overall performance of each website to find opportunities for improvement (e.g. conversion paths) or discover red-flags as early as possible
- Optimize conversion funnels including Open House and 90-day trial programs
- Email marketing – writing, scheduling, deploying, optimizing campaigns for the entire member lifecycle. Ensure autoresponders remain current. List management. CAN-SPAM compliance.
- Develop and manage communication initiatives to retain existing members and customers
- Monitor measurable marketing initiatives/campaigns, develop recommendations (based on metrics) to improve performance and once approved, implement
- Analytics reporting i.e. produce scorecards and dashboards
- Manage social platform (Meetup Pro)
- Search Engine Marketing (i.e. paid search/Google Ads). Develop keyword strategy, write ad copy, manage campaigns, optimize all components accordingly. Set and review destinations for each keyword to optimize quality scores, etc.
- Write marketing copy
- Manage marketing budget; monitor expenses; anticipate expenditure needs and changes; negotiate cost efficiencies with third-party marketing vendors
- Support volunteers with branding elements and training documents
- Maintain and regularly audit all marketing assets, content and materials to ensure current as well as consistent with BetterInvesting brand style guide
- Write and execute scripted product demos
- Social media marketing – work with organization’s Social Media Storyteller to expand our audience
- Assist with print ad ideation and writing to support organizational efforts in BetterInvesting Magazine
- Assist with marketing of national convention including collateral development; create new materials as needed
- Create and implement content marketing programs to attract new visitors to the BetterInvesting website.
- Curate content for BetterInvesting content marketing programs. Maintain a content library of appropriate current and potential materials to feature on the BetterInvesting public website and other social media platforms.
- Assist with content (news/tips/quotes) for weekly member-focused e-newsletter
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Adaptability: Ability to adjust to a variety of situations; is flexible and receptive to change; able to modify behaviors.
- Communications: Expresses ideas effectively, adjusting language or terminology to the needs of the listener. Excellent written communication skills, targeting communications to the characteristics and needs of the audience and meeting professional standards. Ability to write effectively, clearly, succinctly and in an appropriate manner consistent with the respective brand.
- Decision Making: Ability to obtain and use pertinent information to solve problems and make appropriate decisions.
- Dependability: Willingness to take on assignments and be held accountable; reliable in completing assignments and meeting deadlines.
- Integrity: Demonstrate sound business ethics; show consistency among principles, values and behaviors; build trust with others; is well respected.
- Operational: Well organized. Proactive.
- Planning: Able to develop plans which are appropriately comprehensive, realistic, and effective in meeting goals.
- Quality Work: Produce high-quality results which meet organizational needs.
- Teamwork: Foster collaboration as well as take actions that respect the needs and contributions of others. Coordinate efforts. Share and build on others’ ideas. Work harmoniously with others; cooperative, a team player.
Desirable ExperienceSignificant, hands-on marketing experience working with websites, search engine marketing (Google Adwords), etc.
Preferred EducationBachelor’s degree. Degree in marketing, communications, business or journalism or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
AdditionalStrong copywriting ability. Well versed in website analytics, digital marketing and social media marketing. Must be comfortable with using content management systems, third-party platforms (e.g. YouTube) and learning about emerging technologies/ management tools. Basic understanding of SEO. Record of generating new members/customers using digital and content marketing programs. Passion for digital and mobile media technology. Experience with Google Search Console, Google Data Studio and Google Tag Manager beneficial.
We welcome all applicants, including stay-at-home parents, those returning to the workforce after an extended period away, etc.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer who complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, disability, religion, height, weight, or veteran status.
To apply, email us at email@example.com
- A comprehensive resume
- A letter stating your personal interest in the position indicating how your skills, knowledge and experience match the responsibilities articulated in the job description
Application deadline: Applications are being accepted until the position is filled
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. Management sometimes assigns additional duties. This job description may be revised at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either the employee or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.