Evaluate Stocks the Investment Club Way with BetterInvesting
Registration is through Colorado Free University (CFU). Registration cost indicated is for non-CFU members. Attendees can save $12 by becoming a member of CFU. Handouts and materials will be available for download during the presentation.
This full-day workshop introduces the beginning investor to the tool used by investment clubs - the Stock Selection Guide (SSG). The SSG is used to determine wheather a company is a good, quality company that is trading at a reasonable price. The sessions cover selecting the best companies, determining a fair price, estimating future growth and the risks and total return to be expected for a company. The final session will be an opportunity to practcice using the priciples learned to complete an SSG. Introduction to Investing is highly recommended prior to this class, but is not required.
The sessions are:
- Selecting the Best Companies - Learn to recognize high-quality growth stocks using the Stock Selection Guide.
- Determining a Fair Price - Continue the examination of the Stock Selection Guide to determine the potential return of a stock.
- Estimating Future Growth - This session provides guidance on how to make reasonable, conservative projections of future sales and earnings growth rates
- Estimating Future P/Es - This session provides guidelines to help you make reasonable projections for future high and low P/Es and determine if the stock is a buy, sell, or hold.
- Practice Session - Practice what you have learned. Using current information, this intereactive practice session will reinforce the principles provided in the day's sessions.
All sessions are presented by volunteers and directors of the Rocky Mountain Chapter, BetterInvesting.