"Stock Investing Made Easy" Series - August
“STOCK INVESTING MADE EASY”
Finding Hidden Gems
Wednesday, August 31, 2022
7:30 pm CDT
People can go a lifetime looking for diamonds or precious jewels but never find them. In this session you will be handed hidden gems. Our three instructors: David Lenig, Diane Gillit, and Candace Baker will focus their presentations on hidden gems that can help improve your portfolio’s performance. We will show you where to find gems and how to use them to improve your stock studies and portfolio's return.
David Lenig will focus on finding great stock study ideas using the BetterInvesting website’s online screening tools. David will cover individual search criteria, predefined screens, and the results panel, along with maintenance of a filtered list. He will also discuss the Ticker Heat map which is exclusive to Plus members
Diane Gillit will look at using a “cheat sheet” for the SSG. Advanced investors often do SSGs without using any guide to make sure they consider important items. Diane will share how investors, both new and experienced, can use the “cheat sheet” to improve results, and how it can create consistency when used in investment club.
Candace Baker will examine part of the “other 20%” to be aware of when studying a company. It is often said that the SSG tells us 80% of what we need to know about a company. The other 20% includes checking the company’s balance sheet. This presentation will demonstrate how to access this information from the research tab on SSGPlus and what to evaluate.