If you have any questions or concerns regarding this statement, please contact Member Services Toll Free at 877-275-6242, or send an email to email@example.com.
Updated November 1, 2021
- What personal information does BetterInvesting gather about you?
- How does BetterInvesting use your personal information?
- How do we use “IP Addresses” and “cookies”?
- Will BetterInvesting disclose any of your personal information?
- What security measures protect my personal information?
- Will BetterInvesting send me email?
- Will BetterInvesting provide my name and address to third parties?
- What else should you know about your privacy?
- How can you modify the personal information we have about you?
1)What Personal Information Does BetterInvesting Gather About You?BetterInvesting collects personal information such as name, address, phone number, email address and date of birth. This information is used to establish your membership account which authorizes your access to BetterInvesting membership benefits.
BetterInvesting surveys, such as our Member Satisfaction Survey, help characterize our membership demographics, views and perceptions. BetterInvesting conducts surveys so that we can provide programs and services that are responsive to your needs. We may ask for information in other surveys such as the Annual Top 100 Survey (most widely-held stocks) and Most Active Survey (sample of recent decisions made by BetterInvesting members). These surveys are optional but your participation is encouraged as it enables us to evaluate and improve our programs to serve you better. Survey responses are used only in the aggregate.
2)How Does BetterInvesting Use Your Personal Information?BetterInvesting collects personal information in order to serve you better and to support efforts to deliver more relevant content to you.
BetterInvesting conducts research on demographics, interests, and behavior based on the information you provide us when you register and during occasional surveys. This research is compiled and analyzed only in an aggregated basis.
We may also notify you of a new product or new features that we think may interest you based on the information you have provided us.
When you place an order at the BetterInvesting.org store, we need to know your name, email, mailing and billing addresses, telephone number, credit card number and expiration date. This allows us to process and fulfill your order and to notify you of your order status. We will use your email address to confirm your order and to contact you regarding your order should the need arise. Your payment information is encrypted, using secure technology. If you prefer not to order online, you may fax or mail your order form along with a check or money order made payable to BetterInvesting.
3)How Do We Use IP Addresses and Cookies?BetterInvesting collects IP Addresses to help us understand how our community uses our site, so that we can improve your overall experience when you visit www.betterinvesting.org.
If your browser is set up to accept them, we use a feature known as “cookies.” Cookies contain bits of information that are stored on and sent by your device when you access our website. Cookies are used to make it easier for you to login. Although we may assign your browser a cookie, it doesn’t tell us who you are.
Cookies are used on the BetterInvesting website in three main ways:
- Cookies will be used to estimate site traffic and usage patterns. Each browser accessing our site is given a unique cookie to determine usage patterns, and to help us in providing content.
4)Will BetterInvesting Disclose Any of Your Personal Information?BetterInvesting does disclose personally identifiable information on individual users in the following instances:
- To volunteer divisions, including Chapters and Advisory Boards. These parties are subject to confidentiality agreements which restrict their use and disclosure of all information obtained through BetterInvesting.
- To Select Business Partners deemed beneficial by BetterInvesting to provide value to our members. See section/question 7 for these Select Business Partners.
- To others in some limited circumstances, such as announcements of winners of investment club contests. The nature of the disclosure will be described before information is collected so that you may determine whether to participate.
- To comply with applicable law or valid legal process, or to protect the rights or property of BetterInvesting.
We may disclose aggregate demographic information in certain instances. For example, we may disclose aggregate demographic information to potential advertisers. We may also disclose aggregate information (for example, page views during the last month on a particular advertisement) in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, and other affiliated third parties, for other lawful purposes. In the process, the party to whom we disclose this aggregate information NEVER has access to individual information on your account. Only BetterInvesting has access to this information or to member accounts.
5)What Security Measures Protect My Information?BetterInvesting is committed to protecting your personal information. BetterInvesting employs reasonable methods to safeguard information that you provide to us. The information you provide when making a purchase at the BetterInvesting.org store is encrypted with security technology.
Member areas of our website are password-protected areas. We recommend that you do not share your passwords with anyone. BetterInvesting will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited email. Also, if you are using a computer that others have access to such as one in a computer lab, Internet café or public library, always remember to log out and close your browser window when leaving our site.
6)Will BetterInvesting Send Me Email?As a member of BetterInvesting, we want to make sure you are kept informed of news and information that impacts the terms and benefits of your membership. In order to make sure we fulfill our obligation we reserve the right to contact you under limited circumstances, including;
- To inform you of major membership announcements and changes to our policies which impact the terms or benefits of your membership.
- To provide you with information that impacts products and services that you have purchased from us, such as free product updates or upgrades, warranty information, product recall information, or safety or security information.
- To deliver products or services you are entitled to receive under the terms of a transaction, such as digital content or software.
- To facilitate, complete, or confirm a transaction that you have initiated with BetterInvesting.
- To provide you with information related to your standing as a member, including renewal notices for soon to expire club or individual memberships and product subscriptions.
In addition to the circumstances noted above, you may receive additional email from BetterInvesting, including national organization and local chapter news and events, personalized news, education content and offers for new products and services.
Email from BetterInvesting will always be clearly identified as such in the email subject header, will come from a recognizable email address, and will contain contact information for the sender. All emails will also provide you with the option to unsubscribe from future email notifications.
7)Will BetterInvesting Provide My Name and Address to Third-Parties?
Your name and address will be provided to third-parties who assist with fulfillment (e.g. the vendor who mails your copy of the BetterInvesting Magazine to you). Corporations who join BetterInvesting as Corporate Partners periodically offer financial reports and investment-related research for our members. BetterInvesting also established relationships with Select Business Partners including AJ Gallagher Affinity and wholly-owned subsidiary, ICLUBcentral, in order to provide additional benefits to our members. These affiliated third parties will be allowed to send mail/email to you on product and services updates, new offers and special promotions to better serve your needs as a BetterInvesting member. In this case, we will disclose your name, address and/or email address to these parties. You may opt-out of this communication through your account settings.
9)What Else Should You Know About Your Privacy?
The information you post on discussion-lists and in chat rooms is visible to the public. Please remember that whenever you disclose personal information publicly – for example, through email, or in chat areas – that information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
Furthermore, while we do our best to protect your personal information, BetterInvesting cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you send to us, and you do so at your own risk. Protect your personal information by maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and/or any account information.
Many of our advertisers and affiliates link from our site to areas on their own sites where they sell their own goods and services. If you follow these links to their site, you should be aware that these other sites have their own privacy and data collection practices. BetterInvesting has no responsibility or liability for how your personal information is handled on these third-party sites.
10)How Can You Modify the Information We Have About You?
You may update your personal information at any time by logging in and accessing your account settings or by contacting BetterInvesting Member Services.
Call: Toll Free 877-275-6242
Member Service hours: Monday – Friday 9:30 AM – 6:00 PM ET