Investment Club Support
Workshops to Your Door
Classes To Go
Club Contact FAQ
Club Anniversary Certificate Program
The Houston Chapter provides support to BetterInvesting clubs in a variety of ways. The following subject areas contain valuable information in an effort to keep our investment clubs running smoothly and profitably. Please let us know if you have any questions by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you just organized a new investment club? Are you still trying to make sure you've taken care of all of the details to start a club? Or perhaps you are in a more mature club looking to enhance your club experience.
The purpose of a club visit is to discuss NAIC benefits and philosophy, give direction in the formation and operation of a club, and to share ideas on how to overcome issues that many clubs encounter.
The NAIC Houston Chapter has experienced volunteers available to visit clubs, to discuss details of running a successful investment club and to suggest ways to enhance your experience as a club member.
Our volunteer will answer questions about issues of particular concern to your club. These visits are short enough that you can work them into your regular meeting agenda. They are not intended to teach investment techniques. See our regular class offerings for that, or consider inviting us to teach a "Workshops To Your Door" for your club or "Classes On the Road".
Please contact email@example.com to schedule a visit. Please download the related file Club Visit Request Form, provide the information requested, and forward it to us. Please include a copy of your portfolio's recent Valuation Statement (if available). A Chapter Director will contact you shortly to schedule a visit.
There is no charge for a club visit and includes a short education session.
Some sample topics for a club visit: (others may be added in the future)
- Starting an Investment Club (2 hours or 2-1 hour visits)
- Troubleshooting investment club operations
- What is the NAIC Houston Chapter and what support does it offer our club?
- What to do when a member resigns.
Club Visit Request Form
The BetterInvesting Houston Chapter in an attempting to better accommodate investment clubs is initiating taking our "Workshops To Your Door". We have selected some of our "standard" classes that may be taught at your location. Longer classes may be broken up into multiple sessions.
If you are interested in a class that is not one of our regularly scheduled classes, please contact us, and we may be able to work with you to create a "custom" class.
We will attempt to fill all requests, as long as we have sufficient resources and instructors available to teach the classes.
- Basics of Investing - 6 hour course - $30 per person
- Beginning Stock Selection Guide (SSG) - 6 hour course - $30 per person
- Using & Understanding Value Line - 3 hour course - $30 per person
- Annual Reports - 3 hour course - $30 per person
- 10 people - $30 per person - $300 guaranteed minimum
NOTE: Additional registrations for the class can be advertised via Houston E-News and at Houston Chapter Model Club meetings.
Club originating request will be responsible for all registrations and collection of fees prior to class.
Fees charged per person are equivalent to the fee charged for a scheduled class held at our location.
Custom classes will be charged a higher fee, depending on the time required to create the class.
Summary of how this program works:
- Initiate a request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use "Workshops to Your Door" as the subject of your email.
- The initial request must be made at least 2 months in advance (3 months for custom classes).
- In your request please include preferred date(s), the class you would like taught, location, and approximately how many people you anticipate taking the class.
- Your group or club will make all the arrangements for a facility. The meeting room must be able to accommodate a projection system (plus electrical outlets available), with either a screen or blank wall suitable to project the PowerPoint presentation onto.
- Your group or club will handle the registration of students. The final roster of students must be submitted at least 2 weeks before the class.
- Payment must be received at least 2 weeks before the class, or the class will be canceled.
- Refunds will be issued if the class is canceled at least 7 days prior to the scheduled date.
- No refunds will be issued if you cancel the class within 7 days of the scheduled date (unless special circumstances exist as determined by VP-Education, Houston Chapter.
NOTE: If you have additional space in your meeting room and are willing, you may advertise via our website for additional registrations - you provide a contact number and accept the registrations and fees.
If you have any other questions, please contact the Houston Chapter. We hope that you will find this new service beneficial.
Printer Friendly version of the WorkshopsToYourDoorUpdated.pdf
To better accommodate our membership and to broaden club education opportunities, the Houston Chapter has a program called "Classes To Go". These classes are about 1 hour in length and are perfect for the educational section of your investment club meeting or for a special meeting of your club. We will provide instructor, presentation and handouts.
Topics offered are from the Houston Chapter and are selected from workshops that have been presented at the BetterInvesting National events, or at other BetterInvesting Chapters which we have obtained permission to use. If you are interested in a class that is not listed, please contact us and we may be able to work with you to create a "custom" class.
This is a great opportunity for all of your club members to hear the same message at the same time. Your club sets the time, provides the space and selects the topic from the list below. Feel free to invite other local clubs, friends, or guests - however you will need to provide a contact number and process all registrations and collection of fees.
Requests must be made 2 months in advance and are subject to instructor availability. Send an email to email@example.com.
- 10 person minimum - $15 per person - minimum guarantee $150.
- Obtain facility with adequate seating and that will have available projection ability (either a screen or blank wall) and electrical outlet.
- Complete the registrations and forward registrations and fees 2 weeks prior to scheduled visit.
- Refunds will be given if cancellation is received no later than the week prior to the visit.
- Cancellations received after the week prior will not be refunded unless special circumstances exist and as determined by the VP-Education.
- Additional registrations may be advertised via our Houston E-News or at Chapter meetings. You provide contact number and process all registrations and fees.
- Role of the Stockwatcher
- Improving Judgment
- Stock Comparison Guide
- Basic PERT
- Advanced PERT
- Bank Stock Analysis for Beginners
We will expand our list as we develop more programs for "Classes To Go". If you don't see what you are looking for, please contact us, and we may be able to work with you to create a "custom" class.
Printer Friendly version CLASSESONTHEROADupdated.pdf
If you have questions about determining who your club contact currently is, how to change your club contact and other frequently asked questions, please see the attached document or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be sure that your club contact realizes that they will be the only one in the club receiving mailings and materials from the Chapter and that they should bring or forward copies of those items to the other members of the club.
Related Files - Club Contact FAQ
The Houston Chapter recognizes clubs celebrating their incremental five year anniversaries. We believe reaching such a milestone is an achievement deserving recognition and congratulations from BetterInvesting. Home Office will be providing the Houston Chapter a certificate for each investment club reaching this milestone.
A chapter representative will reach out to the club contact of each investment club celebrating this special anniversary to make arrangements for the certificate presentation. Please be sure to let us know of any change in contact information with regard to your club contact by sending an email to email@example.com
Thank you for being a BetterInvesting Club!