Investment Club SupportThe volunteers of the North Florida Chapter provides support to BetterInvesting clubs in a variety of ways. The following subject areas contain valuable information in an effort to keep our investment clubs running smoothly and profitably. Please let us know if you have any questions by contacting us at email@example.com.
Club VisitsWould you like a guest speaker at an upcoming meeting? Could your club benefit from a question-and-answer session with someone who's "been there"? Could your club use some help with any of these topics?:
- Applying judgment to the Stock Selection Guide (SSG)?
- Voting on portfolio decisions without upsetting other members?
- A portfolio review – Is your portfolio diversified? How might you improve your club’s buy and sell decisions?
- Club accounting and tax issues?
- Partner withdrawals – Why transferring appreciated stock instead of cash is a win-win for everyone.
- Finding small companies
- Making use of BetterInvesting membership benefits
- Assistance with SSG tools (Toolkit or BetterInvesting CoreSSG and SSGPlus)
The chapter has a club visit coordinator who will find the right person at the right time for the right subject matter. That volunteer will then contact you for the date, time and directions to your meeting, and particulars about the topics you wish to discuss.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a club visit.
- Let us know what topic(s) you would like the volunteer to discuss at your meeting.
- Let us know where and when your meeting is held.
- Let us know how to contact you for further information.
For a club located greater than 50 miles from the volunteer, we may ask for mileage reimbursement. Alternatively, perhaps we can set up a club visit by phone or an online meeting.
New Club Member Training/Mentoring Program
Clubs with new members often need help from our chapter trainers to get new club members oriented on BetterInvesting's SSG policies and practices and how to do stock studies and other things related to being an effective, contributing club partner. This is training that we've found over the years cannot be effectively conducted during the club meetings. We have several resources available to your club and new club members that you may want to consider using.
The first is our monthly First Tuesday Training Workshops. These workshops were initially set up when the Space Coast Model Investment Club was established to meet exactly this need -- quickly training new club members in the basics so that they could become contributing club partners. You can contact our chapter's VP-Training and Education about your needs and we can actually tailor a future training workshop focused on the club's identified training topics. In addition, our chapter's volunteers provide club support in two other more personal venues:
- Group training to new club members (and other partners that would like to refresh their investing skills) and
- One-on-one training for individual member(s) of the club. These are usually the new members that need a "fast start" to bring them up to a baseline skill level to quickly help them become informed, productive club partners.
To explore what support options would work best for your club please contact us at email@example.com to get things set up.
Club Contact FAQIf you have questions about determining who your club contact currently is, how to change your club contact and other frequently asked questions, please see the attached document or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be sure that your club contact realizes that they will be the only one in the club receiving mailings and materials from the Chapter and that they should bring or forward copies of those items to the other members of the club. Related Files: Club Contact FAQ
Club Anniversary Certificate ProgramTheNorth Florida Chapter recognizes clubs celebrating their incremental five year anniversaries. We believe reaching such a milestone is an achievement deserving recognition and congratulations from BetterInvesting. Home Office will be providing the North Florida Chapter a certificate for each investment club reaching this milestone.
A chapter representative will reach out to the club contact of each investment club celebrating this special anniversary to make arrangements for the certificate presentation. Please be sure to let us know of any change in contact information with regard to your club contact by sending an email to email@example.com.
Thank you for being a BetterInvesting Club!