Volunteers NeededThe Online Chapter of BetterInvesting is staffed with dedicated volunteers who work hard every day to provide our fellow members with quality investing education classes, events and overall support for our members. There is always a need for skilled volunteers to join the Online Chapter and assist with the many duties needed to maintain a strong and vibrant chapter.
You don't have to be an investing expert or have complete knowledge of using the BetterInvesting Stock Selection Guide (SSG) and investment tools. In fact, becoming a volunteer is the best way to learn about investing the BetterInvesting way. You will have the opportunity to be trained with your fellow volunteers.
We currently need volunteers who are interested and/or have expertise in:
- Conduct and/or support new member outreach programs, e.g., Money Smart Week, etc.
- Visit BetterInvesting stock investment clubs and provide educational programs and support.
- Visit-A-Club program support
- General publicity: social media, TV station contacts, radio contacts, newspaper contacts, Interspire email
- Using audio and visual media
- Using online meeting and webinar applications, e.g., GoToMeeting / GoToWebinar
- Creating content for articles, news releases or brochures
- Teaching and/or Mentoring - One of the best ways to improve your skills of the BetterInvesting investment philosophy and use of tools is to become a teacher or mentor. We have experienced teachers who will mentor, guide and model the instruction of any and all areas in which you have an interest.
- Assist with in person and online classes
- Reach out to new and current members and investment clubs.
We welcome volunteers with "open arms"! We are a caring and supportive group that is dedicated to helping fellow investors.
If this is something that you think you'd enjoy doing please fill out the Chapter Volunteer Application and we will reach out to you shortly thereafter.
Who can attend the chapter's Annual Meeting and vote for next year’s leadership team? Membership in the Online Chapter is open to any individual member or investment club member within the Online Chapter and currently in the yearly membership fee to BetterInvesting.
What is a “Volunteer”?
A BetterInvesting member who wishes to contribute to the chapter. A volunteer may be invited to become an Associate Director on the Chapter Board or, after service the prescribed “apprenticeship period”, be eligible to be voted in as a director.
What is an “Associate Director”?
A volunteer that wants to be involved in the leadership and management of the Chapter. It is a prerequisite to being nominated for election as a full Director. It can be considered to be a training ground prior to election to full Director to determine if the candidate fully understands and accepts the duties and responsibilities of a full director. The Associate Director position affords the Chapter Board the opportunity to work and observe the candidate for a period of at least one year to see if the person is compatible with the Chapter Board and its purpose.
Who can be a Director?
Any Online Chapter member may be elected to be a Director after service as an associate director. There are prerequisites to being a Director. A prospective Director must first have satisfactorily served as either a Volunteer or an Associate Director for one minimum year.
Who are the Officers of the Board and how are they selected?
The officers of the Online Chapter are a President, a Senior Vice President, several functional area Vice Presidents , a Secretary and a Treasurer. Following the Annual Meeting and preceding the beginning of the next fiscal year, the current President convenes a special Chapter Board meeting for the purpose of electing officers for the new fiscal year from the newly elected Board.